August 2022 Events
GRAND OPENING: Center for Advanced Manufacturing at OTC
WHAT: Grand opening event for the Robert W. Plaster Center for Advanced Manufacturing
WHEN: Monday, August 15, 10 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: Ozarks Technical Community College Springfield Campus at the corner of National Avenue and Chestnut Expressway.
WHY: OTC has built a state-of-the-art center for advanced manufacturing. On Monday, August 15, the college will keep its promise to voters who supported it when it opens the $40 million, 120,000 square foot Robert W. Plaster Center for Advanced Manufacturing. The PMC will be home to several of OTC’s technical education programs, including:
- Automation and Robotics
- Drafting and Design
- Information Technology Infrastructure
- Manufacturing Technology
- Precision Machining
Additionally, 15,000 square feet of the facility are dedicated for use by industry partners.
Manufacturing Connection Event at MU
Mid-Missouri manufacturers are invited to a special Manufacturer Connection Event!
DATE: August 16, 2022
TIME: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
LOCATION: W1004 MU Engineering Lafferre Hall
416 S 6th St
Columbia, MO 65202
- Meet MU faculty and leadership in engineering – hear about senior design projects and how your company can participate and benefit
- Learn about available resources, such as Engineering Technical Services, the Midwest IAC, and the Materials Science and Engineering Institute
- Tour MU College of Engineering’s exciting research labs, including 3-D Printing, the Additive Manufacturing Lab, and the future Manufacturing Teaching Lab
- Connect with employer relations to get involved in career fairs, job boards, and other ways to reach students who could become future employees
- Hear from MU Extension staff on an Economic Development Administration (EDA) funded project – the Partnership to Enhance Innovation, Resilience and Agility in Missouri’s Manufacturers – and available funding for company-specific projects
- Discuss your feedback for topics/questions for future virtual manufacturer roundtables
GET THERE FROM HERE:
For more information or to register, please visit: https://extension.missouri.edu/events/mu-small-manufacturer-connection-event
September 2022 Events
Build My Future Events Coming Fall 2022
These are great events to attend. Char presented during our business meeting at the 2022 Conference.
Visit our Architecture & Construction page for the registration application.
> GET THERE FROM HERE.
Other Build My Future Dates:
Macon, September 21, 2022
Sikeston, October 6, 2022
Ferguson, October 12, 2022
District Representative – Southwest MO
AGC of Missouri
Cell 417.425.3390 | Fax 314.781.2874
844.60.MOAGC | www.agcmo.org
We are excited to announce the AR/VR Workshop planned for Monday, September 26, 2022.
Registration and information will be coming out soon, so you can make plans to attend. Please share with your Skilled Technical Sciences & Engineering and Technology teachers.
For more information, contact:
Linda Stinson, Skilled Technical Sciences
Byekwaso Gilbert, Engineering & Technology
October 2022 Events
SkillsUSA Fundamentals Course for Advisors
Earn College Credit!
This class is for ALL classroom instructors/advisors.
Class will be held on October 6, 2022.
You do NOT have to take it for college credit, but if you want to, that is available! Cost is approximately $129/credit hour through UCM if you take it for the college credit.
There is a $25 registration fee to attend to cover the cost of the lunch.
The Fundamentals class is the pre-requisite for the Comprehensive Chapter Management 1 & 2 courses that follow in the Fall and Spring. You cannot enroll in those without first having the Fundamentals course.